The Sun Sea
- The Sunken City – A great marble city sunken into the wine dark water. On special nights they say the old gods can be seen shining like silver walking its streets. This exists under the entirety of the Sun Sea.
- The Great Port of Carthage is the large brick and mud city capitol of the Caliphate of the Sun. They trade in luxuries pulled from the sunken city. Nobles wear the marble heads of statues stolen from the sea. Their oar pulled galleys skim the water looking for high points to dive to.
- The Razzia Islands – Islands on the northern edge of the Sun Sea, once the tops of palaces of the Sunken City overgrown with olive trees. They are inhabited by evil slavers and pirates who prey on Carthage led by the pirate Red Beard.
- What did the PCs do here? Stole some artifact from the City. Found a special map on the tiles of the Sunken City’s palace within Red Beard’s islands.
- Is Sally here?
Most inhabitants of the Sun Sea are marble fishers, dipping or diving for the ancient treasures. They sell it to whoever they can. They are superstitious of the Sunken City but also regard it with frank and ruthless capitalism. They generally resent the Razzia Pirates as slavers and tyrants.
- Caliphess – Troubled by the pirates but proud of her marble treasures.
- Red Beard – a tyrannical pirate who claims to fight for the respect of the northern history and the sunken city. He claims the northerners are descended from the Sunken City while the Southerners are not. He attacks and enslaves those in the South and sells them to the North.
- The Little Gray Island and the colony of Covenant – A craggy island with light houses and a small brick housed colony. There are many church towers visible each with a whale impaled on their wind vanes. Head of the Church of Jonah.
- Whaler Outpost – A tall tower built on a tiny island that serves as outpost and lookout for the whalers.
- Wolven coast – Cliffs give way to thick forest containing wolves and preachers. Most of the towners are dangerous and use lights to lure ships into the rocks during storms.
- Witch cave? Fox town? Some evil thing that is invisible/very secretive that causes all misfortune.
- What did the PCs do here in the past? Asked Jonah for a favor. Killed Jonah for power. Killed a white whale for their ship. Stole an artifact from Jaffa.
- Is Sally here?
Most people in the Whale Sea believe they have committed great sins and once the whalers have found the whale that swallowed their god Jonah will be forgiven. They also believe that witches (or foxes or something) cause their every misfortune. They frequently have cascades of witch hunts and burnings.
- Preacher Jaffa – the fiery head preacher of the town. Will get things done when for his own purposes, will be quick to turn on those who don’t help him.
- Fox/Witch – a trickster that really does cause misfortune to a community it fully believes deserves it.
- Jonah – a horrible grimy creature living in the mouth of a whale. A parasite that eats the tongue of a larger fish and eats its food. Will have great power and can be petitioned to help.
- Abed – obsessed with finding Jonah while abusing his loyal servant. Once killed a loved one and need to find Jonah to be forgiven. Perhaps has sinful relationship with Jaffa.
I have a brand new adventure for 5E available at Drive Thru RPG!
An exciting fantasy adventure for level 3 heroes. A stranger wants to cross the Echoing Crevasse and needs brave adventurers protect them in the ruined cyclopean Brother’s Bridge. Adventurers can unlock the bridge’s ancient secret, face down the villainous Man with the Tattered Smile and discover strange treasure.