Saturday Session Prep are notes directly from my game sessions. They are completely unedited, sloppy, and unorganized, enjoy! They include both before and after session notes.
Leslie wrote note to Father – sent communicator – and mentioned that they would come see him soon
Got passports for them and recommendations for universities in Europe
Benoit wrote letters to his children and Diana to be sent if he dies
Ben has letters locked in his desk and has copy on person
Sam wrote will, and sent letters to family and aunts if he dies
Malcolm has written notes to Papa and Liam
NEW RULE: PLAYERS MAY NOT SPEAK TO EACH OTHER AND MAY ONLY SPEAK TO THE KEEPER.
- They can’t make noise with their mouths at all.
- Magic doesn’t work. It simply seems to have stopped existing. (Later they will find out that magic read straight out of books does work but no where else)
- Any written notes are passed to the Keeper and then given to recipient.
- Any time a player does talk to other PCs or NPCs they lose 1D10 sanity. This simulates the frustration of the complete inability to communicate.
All passed notecards are handed to GM and switched for a random card (collected over the entire campaign) and given to the recipient.
Well well well. Not to gloat, but they completed the spell. You know what that means?
Nyarlathotep, agreeing to leave makes one final quip: “If you need me back there is a nice spell to summon me in those Archives of yours!”
He vanishes in a melodramatic cloud of black smoke.
It is the dark of the moon around midnight and it was a black out before the spell went into effect. Now the city is pitch black while everyone goes crazy.
Lavinia and Mitsuko panicked ran off. Mitsuko, unable to speak in panic killed Lavinia by strangulation and slamming her head against a head stone. Maddened with fear she rips strips of flesh from Lavinia’s face.
She will flee from the site of other humans. If cornered she will attack trying to strangle them.
From the top of the hill the town can be seen below, the lights are going off in many places and against the dark sky some smoke can be seen.
As you struggle to make sound issue from your lips, as you look around at complete strangers you’ve known well for the past five years and complete silence falls on the world around you your mind races through the possibilities. A wave of cold dread floods your body making you shiver uncontrollably. You realize all too quickly what has happened. Just like matter and energy, that thing that just left is us. The communication, the thoughts, interaction, literature, speech, sound, the senses, they are it. It has done you a kindness by leaving you your minds, for it is that too, and it could have taken that as well. Or… perhaps it wasn’t so kind after all.\
Zone 1 Encounters
Shell shocked people in a huge crowd walking in a group while Trevor (now just a crazy old man) tries to rob them and runs through them.
- A chase scene
- More horror as Trevor can’t communicate
- Bottom of the hill – smoke can be seen from the hospital (goal)
- Smoke is also coming from the university. (goal)
- People are walking around in the street. (mystery – obvious assumption – zombies)
- People are dazed and don’t respond to anything
- Someone is weaving through the crowd (mystery – Sam recognizes Trevor – goal)
- Trevor runs away (challenge)
- Pushes shell shocked people in the way
- Abandoned car is in the way
- Larger crowd of people to weave through
- Climbs over fence
- Trevor can’t speak and is terrified of people.
Shell Shocked: Camellia Addison, Mona O’Hare, Marilyn O’Hare
Three aunts and a collection of eyes from the hospital – Truly Mad
- The front doors have been smashed open from the inside by a stampede of people, corpses lie trampled and bloody glass lies everywhere. Several people must have jumped from the higher windows. (horror)
- The doctors and nurses at the desks are missing their eyes. (mystery)
- Papa Warrell’s room is empty. (mystery)
- Patricia’s room is empty but there is a lot of blood on the floor and a drag mark out the door (mystery and horror)
- The aunts are wandering around collecting eyes. They act passive around people then inject them – a hard Con roll is needed to stay awake – a botch results in HP loss as well from whatever they injected them with. Once asleep they will remove the eyes and sew up the holes and any other wounds. Each round they have a 25% chance to do something new:
|2||Eat an eye ball before dancing on the spot|
|3||Pretending to heal the person like a doctor|
Papa Warrel has gone to University to have fun with his explosives
- A lot of smoke can be seen from the university (mystery)
- As they enter the quad there is an explosion from one of the buildings (danger)
- Papa Warrel is running around in the quad with a box of grenades (danger and goal)
Looters are attacking shops and trying to take whatever they can.
- Along an area with shops a burning car rolls into the street and crashes in front of the party/party’s car (danger)
- A half dozen men are looting the shops – they shoot at the party (danger)
- They attempt to steal the truck and kill anyone in their way (danger)
Looters: Harlow St. John, Liam Arriguccius
Truly Mad: Brid O’Hare
Orne Library beset by Ferals. Ferals roaming around.
- The doors and windows of the Orne Library are smashed up (mystery and goal)
- Ferals are running from inside the building with old looking books – they are the only thing so far that makes sounds (mystery)
- Ferals are running inside the building hunting anyone who enters (danger – horror)
- The Necronomicon inside the Orne has been picked up by one of the Ferals (goal and danger)
- The feral attempts to escape from them (goal)
- Pushes over a book case to escape
- Other ferals attack
- Jumps over desks
- Smashes through window
- He has a ripped up Necronomicon – the spells in a lot of the books are readable and when spoken aloud still make sounds. They are completely random and generally summon things.
Ferals: Dr. Henry Armitage, Donald O’Hare, Aileen O’Hare, Philip Treval, Carol, Angelica Christie, Norm Ainsworth
Zone 2 Encounters
Chadwick, Bradwick, Chadley truly mad and making human pyramid.
- The ground shakes as they weave through a street packed with abandoned cars (mystery)
- A great silhouette rises above the streets (horror)
- The tower is a pile of humans all holding on to each other making a human like shape the head is made up of Chadwick Bradwick and Chadley. (horror)
- The thing takes a step – people at the base being squished as it goes (horror and danger)
- The thing tries to chase
- Crashed cars behind slow escape
- The creature falls apart as it follows
- It collapses into a horrific field of bodies
Haruto dragged his mother home
- The neighborhood around the PCs houses is filled with people dancing – they are not in sync with each other but do varieties of dancing from the ecstatic to the graceful ballet. They are close on the street and can’t be driven through without ploughing through them. If moved they will start dancing elsewhere (horror)
- An ambulance has been abandoned on Ben’s lawn (mystery)
- Blood can be seen on the porch and in the hall all the way up the stairs to one of the bed rooms (horror and mystery)
- Haruto is lying hugging his mothers body which is just barely still alive. The bandages have come loose and she has lost a lot of blood. She needs a blood transplant fast (horror – goal)
- There are a few tins of dried plasma and water in the ambulance
- All the necessary implements are also there – this counts as a hp to hp swap. She needs at least 5 hp of blood from someone to survive. If not done by one of her children there is a 30% chance she reacts badly to it.
Zone 3 Encounters
Cultist summons a bull like thing that kills plenty of shell shocked people.
- If the feral with the Necronomicon escaped from earlier the cultist here can be using the book
- Blood and bodies have been turned into totems and symbols along the walls of the houses up French Hill (mystery – horror)
- More and more shell shocked people are wandering around here as well
- At an intersection a man in a tattered suit Esmerelda Ocana is holding out an old book and is pulling out the guts of a man with his ribcage torn open in front of him (danger – horror)
- Esmerelda utters strange guttural sounds as she rips the guts out.
- In 1 round the body starts to shake and rise in the air.
- Black ooze seems to pop out of the body’s back and forms into a huge roughly bipedal creature the size of a rhino with the corpse as a head ridge.
- It gores Esmerelda and begins to charge through the crowds of shell shocked people
Shell shocked people: Elizabet Doulat, Bill Philips, Moreen, Sloane Foster
The Archive of Misery
Agatha/Diana/Channel happily comes out of her hideaway and begins wrecking havoc in the Lower South Side
The house is intact and not burning unlike much of the city. From the top of the hill Downtown can be seen burning.
Ferals: Fiona Salesman
Truly Mad: Lucy and Evana Salesman